We empower individuals to take control of their health, with emphasis on prevention, by providing up-to-date information and support – from whole food nutrition to holistic healings.
About Wellness Plus
Wellness Plus is a full spectrum Natural Living Community of natural healing professionals and individuals who are serious about all parts of an all-natural lifestyle. We are the only one of this kind on the East Coast. We provide a full education, support and holistic healings right in our beautiful 1300 sq ft center, as well as “lectures on the road” and health fairs for corporations, government agencies, civic groups and doctor’s offices. The year 2020 is our 24th year promoting natural healing & health.
Our mission is to empower individuals to take control of their health, with emphasis on prevention, by providing up-to-date information and support – from whole food nutrition to holistic healings.
We believe in whole food. As Hippocrates stated, “food should be your medicine and the medicine should be food, and to be a medicine, first, it has to do no harm.”
Wellness Plus is 100% supported by member’s dues and by their purchases in our “Store of Mother Earth.” We have not, do not and will not accept any donations from drug or food manufacturers even though we operate on a not-for-profit basis. Therefore, you can trust the information we provide because we are a totally independent organization.
For individuals and families, we provide weekly classes, seminars, workshops and cooking demonstrations. We also provide various holistic healings (see member’s benefit list) at discount prices. We have personal and group training programs in our center, as well as house call services. We also carry unusual and hard to find natural foods and supplies in our store.
For natural healing practitioners, we have referral services, free corporate health fair booths to promote your business, treatment room rent starting at $200/month for one day per week, matching funds for advertising and more. Ask about our “Partner in Health” program.
May’s Feature Presentations
- Thursday, May 13, 20 and 27
- 6:30 PM. Exercise with Zoltan: Our fitness director Zoltan Hall returns for special exercise sessions combined with the levity that only he can provide! Come prepared to exercise, laugh and learn about your muscles and bones.
- 7:30 PM. Natural Healing Workshop: The focus will be pure healing essential oils that are safe, have a great aroma, versatile and may help with many symptoms and to ease aches and pains. What are they? How do I use them? To find the answers and learn more about these wonderful natural remedies come and visit us at our workshops.
- Monday, May 3 at 6:30 PM “Exercise and Member’s Forum”
- Fitness director Zoltan Hall will be leading us through our exercises tonight, strength and stretch! Then, come to the Members’ Forum at 7:30 PM–Bring your requests, ideas & questions. We will listen to you & work together to make the Wellness Plus program even better. Everyone who comes will get 5% off our entire store.
- Monday, May 10 at 6:30 PM “How to Cook Without Oil”
- Oil is a highly processed food and not even qualified as food, according to Dr. Joel Robbins. However, there are no health benefits to it, and it can even cause medical issues. After this presentation, you will know how to prepare any food without the use of oil. A tasty, oil-free dish will be served. Presented by our Wellness Plus chef Sarah Conrad. A donation to Sarah would be appreciated to cover the cost of food.
- Monday, May 17 at 6:30 PM “Let Food Be Your Medicine — Your School of Healing by Food, Part One”
- This is a complete updated review of whole food, plant-based nutrition. You will learn the “how and why” related to the concept of “Let Food be Your Medicine and Medicine be Your Food”. If you want to maintain a healthy body and reverse diseases without expensive and toxic drugs, this is the course your do not want to miss. Presented by Dr. Jane Powley, Founder and Director of Wellness Plus Delaware for 24 years.
- Monday, May 24 at 6:30 PM “Keep Your Digestive System Healthy, Naturally, Part One”
- Are you one of the really smart Americans who would rather not buy prescription and/or over-the-counter drugs to “cure” heartburn? You know that these drugs treat only the symptoms, and not the cause! You want to know those natural, non- drug solutions to improve your digestive system. Come and learn the shocking truths behind the drug therapy, and more importantly, some easy and much less expensive ways to regain a healthy digestive system, even after years of recurring gastrointestinal discomfort. Presented by Dr. Chuck Powley.
For more information, click here.
Reservation required for all events. Call 302-478-3782 or email email@example.com. All programs begin at 6:30 pm unless otherwise noted. Registration is required – $20 per person ($15 if paid in advance), members free. We now accept Visa, Master Card, Discover, and American Express.
Event Registration & Tickets
Use the form below to register for event or class and then make payment.
“Green tea compounds block key enzyme that allows coronavirus to replicate“
A study published in the journal Frontiers in Plant Science shows that chemical compounds in green tea and other plant-based foods can block the activity of a key enzyme in the replication of SARS-CoV-2, the virus responsible for COVID-19.
Wonderous Benefits of Green Tea
Unlike most antiviral drugs, green tea appears to work by boosting the immune system to combat diseases such as genital warts (caused by HPV) and the flu (caused by the influenza virus).
Learn about Wellness Plus’ edible New Spring™ Green Tea
Start Your Day With Our Breakfast Shake!
The Wellness Plus breakfast recipe is the perfect choice for a nutrient-dense meal in the morning. We encourage you to step outside your comfort zone. Enjoy this breakfast shake which will nourish and heal instead of just getting you to the next meal. If you cannot purchase any of the ingredients locally, contact us at 302-478-3782. To view recipe, click here.
The Wellness Plus Program covers topics such as:
Whole food and weight control
Easy sprouting and wheat grass growing
Keep your heart healthy naturally
Strengthening your immune system
How to select good supplements
Green tea and your health
Qigong, Taiji and meditation
Body fat testing
Feng Shui for your home and workplace
Living healthy in a chemical world
Calcium & alternatives to dairy
Environment and your health
Inflammation & degenerative diseases
Natural alternatives to hormone replacement
Keeping your digestive system healthy – naturally
Exercise Classes & Programs
Look and feel younger and move easier. Don’t let your muscles be an obstacle. Stretching helps refresh lymph and venous circulation. We will learn the benefit of each stretch to help us understand its importance.
Pilates is known for core (center of gravity muscles) strength and support training. Strengthen your body and gain better balance. Dr. Demond will explain the benefits of each position.
- Yoga and Beyond
Gentle stretches and meditation to relax your mind and body as well as stretch and expand your muscles!
For class schedules, use Calendar Tab under Events & Programs in menu above or click here.
Natural Healing Workshops
The focus is on pure healing essential oils that are safe, have a great aroma, versatile and may help with many symptoms and to ease aches and pains. What are they? How do I use them? To find the answers and learn more about these wonderful natural remedies come and visit us at our workshops presented by Shirley Rineer. Click here for schedule.
Mother Earth Store
Our store features natural whole foods and supplements, as well as handmade jewelry and crafts. We specialize in organic pearl jewelry and Feng Shui enhancers. For more information, use tab in menu above or click here.
Wellness Plus Stories
Read stories of inspiration and success about people who through the use of the Wellness Plus health and wellness program have restored themselves to true health without the use of drugs or surgery.
Their stories include dramatic weight loss, decreases in cholesterol, reversal and/or elimination of degenerative diseases such as type II diabetes, heart problems, cancers and more. Frequently, users of the Wellness Plus program have been able to discontinue the use of all or some medications. Click on the “Testimonials” tab above.
Delaware Bead Society
The “Bead Society” is an affiliate of Wellness Plus Delaware specializing in organic pearl jewelry and Feng Shui enhancers. The Bead Society meets monthly on Saturday afternoons. These meetings include jewelry making classes and the option to purchase pre-made jewelry.
Jewelry making classes require preregistration. To register, call Shirley at 302-999-7687 or Jane at 302-478-3782.
For more information and details, click on the “Delaware Bead” Society tab above.