We empower individuals to take control of their health, with emphasis on prevention, by providing up-to-date information and support – from whole food nutrition to holistic healings.
Wellness Plus Delaware
THE best of HOLISTIC MEDICINE PRACTIONERS in Wilmington, Delaware in 2021 & 2022!
Presented by Wilmington Award Program
About Wellness Plus
Our mission is to empower individuals to take control of their health, with emphasis on prevention, by providing up-to-date information and support – from whole food nutrition to holistic healings.
We believe in whole food. As Hippocrates stated, “food should be your medicine and the medicine should be food, and to be a medicine, first, it has to do no harm.”
Wellness Plus is 100% supported by member’s dues and by their purchases in our “Store of Mother Earth.” We have not, do not and will not accept any donations from drug or food manufacturers even though we operate on a not-for-profit basis. Therefore, you can trust the information we provide because we are a totally independent organization.
For individuals and families, we provide weekly classes, seminars, workshops and cooking demonstrations. We also provide various holistic healings (see member’s benefit list) at discount prices. We have personal and group training programs in our center, as well as house call services. We also carry unusual and hard to find natural foods and supplies in our store.
For natural healing practitioners, we have referral services, free corporate health fair booths to promote your business, treatment room rent starting at $200/month for one day per week, matching funds for advertising and more. Ask about our “Partner in Health” program.
December’s Activities Schedule
- Thursday, November 1, 15, 22 at 6:30 pm and 7:30 pm
- Exercise with Zoltan at 6:30 pm: Our fitness director Zoltan Hall returns for special exercise sessions combined with the levity that only he can provide! Come prepared to exercise, laugh and learn about your muscles and bones. Bring leg weights or a stretchy band.
- Natural Healing Workshop at 7:30 pm: The focus will be pure healing essential oils that are safe, have a great aroma, versatile and may help with many symptoms and to ease aches and pains. What are they? How do I use them? To find the answers and learn more about these wonderful natural remedies come and visit us at our workshops.
- Monday, December 5th at 6:30 pm “Exercise and Member’s Forum”
- Fitness director Zoltan Hall will be leading us through our exercises tonight, strength and stretch! NEW! Bring leg weights!
- Then, come to the Members’ Forum at 7:30 PM–Bring your requests, ideas & questions. We will listen to you & work together to make the Wellness Plus program even better. Everyone who comes will get 5% off our entire store.
- Monday, December 12th at 6:30 pm “How to Survive the Holiday in Style”
- We look forward so much to the Holiday season, and yet for many it’s the most stressful time of the year. As a refreshing change – as we approach the birth of a new year– let’s see how we can embrace the joy of renewal and connecting with what matters most in our lives. This class will explore all sorts of wholistic ways, from nutritional choices to life-enhancing shifts in attitude and behavior, how we can transform what has become for many the most hectic and exhausting time of year into true celebration. Presented by Dr. Bob Burgonday, December 12th at 6:30 pm “How to Survive the Holiday in Style”
- Monday, December19th at 6:30 pm “Let Food be Medicine -Your School of Healing by Food” (Part 3- Live Your WFPB Life to a Whole New Level)
- If you missed our informative part 1 and 2, this class will definitely give you a good catch up. You will learn nature’s remarkable gift of food groups deeply rooted in human history that not only provides optimum health and may heal the “incurable,” but also reverses aging! Come and join us to get the knowledge to regain the vitality and joyful life that you always wanted. Presented by Dr. Jane Powley, founder and director of Wellness Plus Delaware for 25 years.
Delaware Bead Society
- Bead store hours: 3-5 pm on Saturday, December 10. Many items will be for sale at 50% off.
- Saturday, December 10 at 2:30 pm “Happy Holiday Jewelry Set”
- NEW!! Free bag of beads for everyone who shows up! No purchase or class participation necessary! Just coming to say “Hi” is enough.
Do not let the holidays stress you out! Come to this class to relax and have fun! You will use all natural genuine pearls and beautiful holiday-colored beads and charms to create a stretching bracelet and double-string tri-colored flower ring. You will acquire wire working skills so exquisite that everyone will think you are a professional jeweler! You can choose your favorite holiday charms to attach to your bracelet and make sure the ring fits your finger just right. They are perfect gifts for yourself and whoever is on your holiday gift list!
Happy Holiday Jewelry Set
- $12 – class fee if paid in advance
- $19– class fee at door
- Kits can be purchased at $19.99 each and $27 each at the door.
- To register: call: 302-478-3782 or e-mail: email@example.com.
- Directions- www.wellnessplusintl.com/contact/contact.htm
Reservation required for all events. Call 302-478-3782 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. All programs begin at 6:30 pm unless otherwise noted. Registration is required – $20 per person ($15 if paid in advance), members free. We now accept Visa, Master Card, Discover, and American Express.
Event Registration & Tickets
Use the form below to register for event or class and then make payment.
“Green tea compounds block key enzyme that allows coronavirus to replicate“
A study published in the journal Frontiers in Plant Science shows that chemical compounds in green tea and other plant-based foods can block the activity of a key enzyme in the replication of SARS-CoV-2, the virus responsible for COVID-19.
Wondrous Benefits of Green Tea
Unlike most antiviral drugs, green tea appears to work by boosting the immune system to combat diseases such as genital warts (caused by HPV) and the flu (caused by the influenza virus).
Learn about Wellness Plus’ edible New Spring™ Green Tea
Start Your Day With Our Breakfast Shake!
The Wellness Plus breakfast recipe is the perfect choice for a nutrient-dense meal in the morning. We encourage you to step outside your comfort zone. Enjoy this breakfast shake which will nourish and heal instead of just getting you to the next meal. If you cannot purchase any of the ingredients locally, contact us at 302-478-3782. To view recipe, click here.
The Wellness Plus Program covers topics such as:
Whole food and weight control
Easy sprouting and wheat grass growing
Keep your heart healthy naturally
Strengthening your immune system
How to select good supplements
Green tea and your health
Qigong, Taiji and meditation
Body fat testing
Feng Shui for your home and workplace
Living healthy in a chemical world
Calcium & alternatives to dairy
Environment and your health
Inflammation & degenerative diseases
Natural alternatives to hormone replacement
Keeping your digestive system healthy – naturally
Exercise Classes & Programs
Look and feel younger and move easier. Don’t let your muscles be an obstacle. Stretching helps refresh lymph and venous circulation. We will learn the benefit of each stretch to help us understand its importance.
Pilates is known for core (center of gravity muscles) strength and support training. Strengthen your body and gain better balance. Dr. Demond will explain the benefits of each position.
- Yoga and Beyond
Gentle stretches and meditation to relax your mind and body as well as stretch and expand your muscles!
For class schedules, use Calendar Tab under Events & Programs in menu above or click here.
Natural Healing Workshops
The focus is on pure healing essential oils that are safe, have a great aroma, versatile and may help with many symptoms and to ease aches and pains. What are they? How do I use them? To find the answers and learn more about these wonderful natural remedies come and visit us at our workshops presented by Shirley Rineer. Click here for schedule.
Mother Earth Store
Our store features natural whole foods and supplements, as well as handmade jewelry and crafts. We specialize in organic pearl jewelry and Feng Shui enhancers. For more information, use tab in menu above or click here.
Wellness Plus Stories
Read stories of inspiration and success about people who through the use of the Wellness Plus health and wellness program have restored themselves to true health without the use of drugs or surgery.
Their stories include dramatic weight loss, decreases in cholesterol, reversal and/or elimination of degenerative diseases such as type II diabetes, heart problems, cancers and more. Frequently, users of the Wellness Plus program have been able to discontinue the use of all or some medications. Click on the “Testimonials” tab above.
Delaware Bead Society
The “Bead Society” is an affiliate of Wellness Plus Delaware specializing in organic pearl jewelry and Feng Shui enhancers. The Bead Society meets monthly on Saturday afternoons. These meetings include jewelry making classes and the option to purchase pre-made jewelry.
Jewelry making classes require preregistration. To register, call Shirley at 302-999-7687 or Jane at 302-478-3782.
For more information and details, click on the “Delaware Bead” Society tab above.