We empower individuals to take control of their health, with emphasis on prevention, by providing up-to-date information and support – from whole food nutrition to holistic healings.
About Wellness Plus
Wellness Plus is a full spectrum Natural Living Community of natural healing professionals and individuals who are serious about all parts of an all-natural lifestyle. We are the only one of this kind on the East Coast. We provide a full education, support and holistic healings right in our beautiful 1300 sq ft center, as well as “lectures on the road” and health fairs for corporations, government agencies, civic groups and doctor’s offices. The year 2020 is our 24th year promoting natural healing & health.
Our mission is to empower individuals to take control of their health, with emphasis on prevention, by providing up-to-date information and support – from whole food nutrition to holistic healings.
We believe in whole food. As Hippocrates stated, “food should be your medicine and the medicine should be food, and to be a medicine, first, it has to do no harm.”
Wellness Plus is 100% supported by member’s dues and by their purchases in our “Store of Mother Earth.” We have not, do not and will not accept any donations from drug or food manufacturers even though we operate on a not-for-profit basis. Therefore, you can trust the information we provide because we are a totally independent organization.
For individuals and families, we provide weekly classes, seminars, workshops and cooking demonstrations. We also provide various holistic healings (see member’s benefit list) at discount prices. We have personal and group training programs in our center, as well as house call services. We also carry unusual and hard to find natural foods and supplies in our store.
For natural healing practitioners, we have referral services, free corporate health fair booths to promote your business, treatment room rent starting at $200/month for one day per week, matching funds for advertising and more. Ask about our “Partner in Health” program.
October’s Feature Presentations
- Thursday, October 1, 15, 22 and 29 at 7:30 pm. Natural Healing Workshop
- The focus will be pure healing essential oils that are safe, have a great aroma, versatile and may help with many symptoms and to ease aches and pains. What are they? How do I use them? To find the answers and learn more about these wonderful natural remedies come and visit us at our workshops.
- Monday, October 5 at 6:30 pm “Exercise and Member’s Forum”
- Personal Trainer Dr. Phil Demond presents stretches & yoga to help us obtain maximum health benefits. Then, come to the Members’ Forum at 7:30 PM–Bring your requests, ideas & questions. We will listen to you & work together to make the Wellness Plus program even better. Everyone who comes will get 5% off our entire store.
- Monday, October 12 at 6:30 ““Let Food Be Medicine” – Your School of Healing by Food Part 3 – Live Your WFPB Life to a Whole New Level”
- If you missed our informative part 1 and 2, this class will definitely give you a good catch up. You will learn nature’s remarkable gift of food groups deeply rooted in human history that not only provides optimum health and heals the “incurable,” but also reverses aging! Come and join us to get the knowledge to regain the vitality and joyful life that you always want. Presented by Dr. Jane Powley, founder and director of Wellness Plus Delaware for 24 years.
- Monday, October 19 at 6:30 pm “Love Your Plants”
- Fiber only comes from plants. Fiber is a lifestyle that keeps our gut and brain healthy. Our gut is our digestive system and much more. A healthy gut needs many kinds of plants. Listen and feed your brain! Lecture by Judy Filipkowski, Certified WFPB Educator.
- Monday, October 26th at 6:30 pm “Water – Our Most Important Nutrient”
- Many illnesses and health issues arise simply because people do not drink enough water, especially “quality” water. Instead, they consume many other beverages that contain sugar, caffeine and many other chemicals, and still become dehydrated. In this informative talk, we will learn about how much water we need each day and what you can do to obtain plentiful supplies of good-tasting and safe water without spending lots of money. We will also learn about some of the misinformation there is about very expensive water treatment systems that are high maintenance and produce water of questionable quality. Presented by Dr. Chuck Powley.
For more information, click here.
Event Registration & Tickets
Use the form below to register for event or class and then make payment.
Start Your Day With Our Breakfast Shake!
The Wellness Plus breakfast recipe is the perfect choice for a nutrient-dense meal in the morning. We encourage you to step outside your comfort zone. Enjoy this breakfast shake which will nourish and heal instead of just getting you to the next meal. If you cannot purchase any of the ingredients locally, contact us at 302-478-3782. To view recipe, click here.
The Wellness Plus Program covers topics such as:
Whole food and weight control
Easy sprouting and wheat grass growing
Keep your heart healthy naturally
Strengthening your immune system
How to select good supplements
Green tea and your health
Qigong, Taiji and meditation
Body fat testing
Feng Shui for your home and workplace
Living healthy in a chemical world
Calcium & alternatives to dairy
Environment and your health
Inflammation & degenerative diseases
Natural alternatives to hormone replacement
Keeping your digestive system healthy – naturally
Exercise Classes & Programs
Look and feel younger and move easier. Don’t let your muscles be an obstacle. Stretching helps refresh lymph and venous circulation. We will learn the benefit of each stretch to help us understand its importance.
Pilates is known for core (center of gravity muscles) strength and support training. Strengthen your body and gain better balance. Dr. Demond will explain the benefits of each position.
- Yoga and Beyond
Gentle stretches and meditation to relax your mind and body as well as stretch and expand your muscles!
For class schedules, use Calendar Tab under Events & Programs in menu above or click here.
Natural Healing Workshops
The focus is on pure healing essential oils that are safe, have a great aroma, versatile and may help with many symptoms and to ease aches and pains. What are they? How do I use them? To find the answers and learn more about these wonderful natural remedies come and visit us at our workshops presented by Shirley Rineer. Click here for schedule.
Mother Earth Store
Our store features natural whole foods and supplements, as well as handmade jewelry and crafts. We specialize in organic pearl jewelry and Feng Shui enhancers. For more information, use tab in menu above or click here.
Wellness Plus Stories
Read stories of inspiration and success about people who through the use of the Wellness Plus health and wellness program have restored themselves to true health without the use of drugs or surgery.
Their stories include dramatic weight loss, decreases in cholesterol, reversal and/or elimination of degenerative diseases such as type II diabetes, heart problems, cancers and more. Frequently, users of the Wellness Plus program have been able to discontinue the use of all or some medications. Click on the “Testimonials” tab above.
Delaware Bead Society
The “Bead Society” is an affiliate of Wellness Plus Delaware specializing in organic pearl jewelry and Feng Shui enhancers. The Bead Society meets monthly on Saturday afternoons. These meetings include jewelry making classes and the option to purchase pre-made jewelry.
Jewelry making classes require preregistration. To register, call Shirley at 302-999-7687 or Jane at 302-478-3782.
For more information and details, click on the “Delaware Bead” Society tab above.